Property ID: 1289
It is a manorial estate of about 200 hectares, about 2,000,000 m2. On the island of Mallorca within the municipality of Calvià. 25 minutes from Palma Airport.
This farm consists of several buildings of which we highlight the old post of diligence service from Palma to Andratx. Construction dating from 1790 and has about 1,290 square meters built. A total of eight houses are housed in the building complex.
Located within the municipality of Calvià, 500 meters from the beaches of Costa de la Calma and Santa Ponsa. It is connected by highway with the City of Palma about 20 minutes, 30 from the International Airport of Son Joan and 10 from the port of Andatx.
To the north, it is surrounded by a wooded area of pine trees, to the south we find Santa Ponsa and Costa de la Calma which are tourist centers with all their equipment: well-known golg fields, Yacht Club and beaches. The town of Calvià is about 5 km away with its old town and the dependencies of the Town Hall.
The current building is attributed between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, built on the old Arab farmstead before the conquest.
The houses of Ses Rotes Velles responded to the purpose for which they were built. A house basically intended for agricultural exploitation.
At that time, the property had houses, lived in them farmers and ranchers, reserving the owners or "lords" a part of the houses to live mainly in summer. This "possessió" was dedicated to olive groves, carob trees and cereal crops. Its extensive pine forests and its important latifundio were important for livestock.
At the moment the farmhouse is formed by a cloister or patio, presided over by a magnificent cistern or "aljub". Inside there are large rooms, the cellar and the kitchen with its typical Majorcan fireplace or "foganya".